What is henna?
Henna (Lawsonia Inermis), is a flowering plant used since ages to dye skin, hair and fingernails. The name is also used for dye preparations derived from the plant, and for the art of temporary tattooing based on those dyes.
The henna plant is native to southern Asia, some regions of Africa, and northern Australasia in semi-arid zones.Women have always used the power of this natural compound to strengthen, nourish and beautify their tresses.Another use of henna bye ancient women was
Henna is one of the secret ingredients in the beauty of Moroccan women’.It is used for hair as well as for the body and it is always presented in all happy occasions.I’m using henna for hair each week in my Moroccan Hammam routine , and I’m enjoying the results, it reduce my hair fall and strengthen it.Henna for hair growth is an excellent ingredient but it is crucial to ensure that the henna you are using is 100% organic.
Among the most commonly known benefits of henna for hair:
- It reduces hair fall
- It improves hair growth
- It fights and prevents dandruff
- It strengthens and thickens the hair
- It maintains scalp health
- It balances oil production and pH levels
- Can I Use Henna Over Chemically Colored Hair?
Yes, henna treatment can be used on chemically dyed hair, it’s natural and safe but it can change the color of your hair.
Can I Just Dye Over Henna Hair Color?
If you try to bleach or dye over your henna-colored hair, the results will be unpredictable.
How to use henna for hair (beautiful hair that grows fast?)
For amazing results, i use herbs and other ingredients with henna according to the hair texture.If you have a dry hair like me, then you will need to moisturize.You can add moisturizing oils, yogurt or eggs to the recipe.You can also use fruits like avocado and banana for more benefits.
By using henna for hair as a treatment,you will get a result than you expected,
You Will Need
- 1 tablespoon of chamomile powder
- 1 teaspoon of clove powder
- 1 tablespoon of lavender powder
- 1 tablespoon of basil powder
- 1 tablespoon of rose petal powder
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary powder
- 3 tablespoon henna
- 1 Organic egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (2 tbsp for dry hair)
- 1 smashed banana (optional)
First of all mix the powder of chamomile, clove, lavender, basil, rose petal and rosemary; This herbs mixture gives a fine scent to the hair that you will love it.
In a bowl add the henna powder to a one tablespoon of the herbs mixture.Put the rest of the herbs mixture in a clean jar for a next use.
Then add the egg, olive oil, smashed banana and warm water to the henna and herbs to form a thick and smooth consistency.
Let the past rest for 10 minutes, and apply it over your hair.
Cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on your hair for a couple of hours,then wash the hair as normal.
Finally put drops of argan oil or coconut oil in your palm and apply it to the hair, before drying it or let your hair air dry.
How It Worked
This henna hair treatment pack will nourishes the hair, prevents hair loss, promotes hair growth , boosts scalp health, fights dandruff and scalp irritation.It will also repairs the hair and prevents split ends.
Henna, by itself, is an excellent ingredient for hair growth. However, using it in combination with other ingredients can improve its efficiency.Here’s the benefits of other ingredients that i use with henna:
- Eggs : are an excellent source of proteins, vitamins and fatty acids that nourish the hair,promote the hair growth and prevents hair fall,it will also helps damaged hair to appear healthier and stronger.
- chamomile : helps encourage healthier hair regrowth,adds beautiful shine to the hair, helps fight dandruff, and nourish hair.
- cloves : prevents hair loss, helps to thickening the hair and helps to make the hair feel rejuvenated.
- lavender : works as a treatment for itchy scalp or dandruff, promote hair growth by increasing blood circulation.
- basil : fights hair loss and split ends, nourishes the scalp and fight dandruff , decrease the appearance of gray hair.
- rose petal: give a fine scent to the hair, nourishes hair follicles and stimulate hair growth.
- rosemary: promote hair growth and helps to prevent hair loss.
- Olive oil : helps to bring moisture back to the hair, repairing split ends, curing dandruff because of it’s containing of fatty acids and vitamin E , preventing hair loss.